J.Crew has always had some of the greatest collaborations (Cynthia Rowley‘s: I still want one of these wetsuits. I have no clue what occasion of mine might require one but I love it.). Lately they’ve gotten even better with a focus on fine jewelry. They’ve got mini-collections from favorite designers like Catbird (this sweet heart ring is too good), Lulu Frost, and Maya Brenner.
The latest addition to the lineup is a particular favorite of mine: Jennifer Fisher. She’s known for her edgy yet classic designs – the kinds of things you wear for years and years. (I’m still coveting one of her nail cuffs.)Her J.Crew collection is a line of 10K pendants and charms – including letters, a lightning bolt, a “Taken,” (love that one), and a key, to name just a few. They’re super simple with just enough punch. The best part is that these sweet little charms look good worn on their own and even better when layered together. I love the idea of wearing the “B” charm with the star. My favorite one is actually the skull. The white diamond eyes add the perfect touch. I’d string that one on there, too. You can make a pretty nice mix with these. It’s a more-is-more philosophy.
Blue. And. White. Again. My love for this classic color combo extends beyond home decor (note: have you seen the blue and white sale on One Kings Lane?). It’s a big part of my closet, too. Black and white will forever be my number one favorite combo (there’s nothing chicer) but during the summer months, black feels a little harsh – not to mention, a little too hot. A navy or light blue just suits the warmer weather months. It’s a bit of a boring look but what you’re seeing here is day-to-day summer uniform: white denim shorts, a striped button-down, sunnies, a big carry-all (love this one), and my slide-on sneakers. These are the pieces that are in heavy rotation this season. It’s light, easy and it’s blue and white. What’s more summer than that?
Photos by Molly Miller
Anyone else happen to come across Barneys’ new Aquazzura lookbook? Did you fall in love, too? I’ve long been a fan of Aquazzura heels (these are still my all-time favorite). The shape, the textures, the geometric details – all of it comes together to make a very sexy shoe. This season, it only seems to get better. It was this pair, in fact, that first caught my eye. That color. How can you resist? The lattice-style cutouts are just too good. But then I peeked at the rest of the new styles and discovered that they’re all just as fab as the next. I love the modern, simplicity of these. A great nude-colored shoe is important to have and these are fantastic. I’ve never tried any of his flat styles but I think that’s about to change after seeing these. Talk about upgrading your basic ballet flat. The mix of materials here (water snake!) is spot on, and I love the leather ties that wrap around the ankle. Even his ballet flats are sexy!
Did I mention that on the sole of every single one of his shoes you’ll find a gold, lattice pineapple? It’s true. You know how much I love that.
When it comes to perusing street style shots, Olivia Palermo’s are always some of my very favorites. She has such a knack for the mix – mixing prints, mixing textures, mixing colors. She just knows how to do it. In this case, she blended a casual chambray shirt with a dressier, somewhat girly full skirt. The skirt has a party feel and the addition of the anskle-strap sandals add a touch of sweetness, too. But the chambray shirt keeps it from looking too sweet. Like I said, she’s a master at the mix. .
Image via Athens Street Style
Have you heard the good news? Shopbop’s sale just got a little more exciting. With an extra 25% off promo on select sale items that launched today, you can score some serious deals on those pieces you’ve been holding out on. For me, that’s a Juliet Dunn coverup and this pair of open-toe flats. If you’ve got some things on your wish list, now is the time to shop it. Enter the code 25EXTRA at checkout.
A few things to consider:
- If you liked my Born Free look from a couple of weeks ago, good news: the top and the shorts were just added to the sale.
- Mara Hoffman. Bold colors + crazy prints. Love it.
- This leopard flounce dress is super cute. And there’s only one left!
- This is one of the jackets you’ll wear for years to come. It’s just a really good basic.
- A simple, nude dress. You can’t go wrong.
Espadrilles are an iconic summer shoe. The easy, slip-on style and the woven sole are ideal for days spent by the beach. Espadrilles are just so comfy and I’m always sad when I have to put them away come fall. Here’s the thing: I don’t think I’m going to have to do that with this pair. With its haircalf and leather material combo, this new Tory Burch espadrille will transition to fall just fine. It’s an espadrille that I can wear right now and will still be wearing in mid-October. Not to mention, it’s a nice little break from my wear-all-the-time leopard ballet flats. I love those, but it’s always nice to have the option of something else. Both of the spotted prints are so fab, too. The only hard decision is here is choosing which one to take home.
‘Tis that time of year: Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale has arrived. It’s basically everyone’s favorite sale because there’s so many good things marked down – and not just things you’ve seen before. There are lots and lots of brand new items, too. You’ll of course find plenty of wear-now summer favorites (these), but there’s also a million things that your fall wardrobe needs, too (say hello to this leather jacket and this amazing Vince coat). The best part about this sale is that it includes so many categories – apparel, shoes, jewelry, and even makeup gets marked down. You can even score deals on your workout wear (my favorite Nike sneakers!) as there is lots of that included, too.
Here’s what you can’t miss:
- My all-time, very, very favorite bootie. It’s this one. And it’s on sale. You won’t find a more comfortable – and cute – bootie.
- If you’re looking for a flat boot, I also love this one from Rag & Bone.
- Denim. Now is a good time to scoop up for your favorite pair.
- I have this dress in navy. It’s such a good one. The perfect wear-all-the-time basic.
- A sexy shoe for under $100. Yes, please.
- I’ll definitely be ordering one of these coats. I love bouclé material and the hood, too!
- Some shiny and new? Right here.
- For the office: these Theory pants are must-haves.
- This leather dress (love those pleats) would work well for office days, too.
- I live in my Nike half-zips. I usually stick to black, gray, or white but with a deal like this, I think I’ll branch out and opt for a color.
- This skirt (it’s called the “Sarita!”) is one that would take you straight from the office to happy hour.
- Nars is usually my go-to when it comes to makeup. They always seem to have the best color. This cheek palette of theirs has all of the essential hues for my face.
- Speaking of Nars color, their “Schiap” hue is one of my very favorites. The perfect pink! This set includes all the best in the color.
- I love a good puffer vest. Green or white?
- Cozy and chic. I’ll take one of each color.
- I love the color of these Chloé boots. Something different my usual black or brown.
Another weekend, another marg. This recipe – a mixture of grapefruit, tequila, and, my favorite, St. Germain – sounds positively delightful.
Clarissa? Kelly Taylor? DJ and Stephanie? They all had the coolest bedrooms. Take a peek at this list to check some of the best from ’90s TV.
With these rising temperatures, nobody wants to make it any hotter by using a blow drier. Letting it dry au natural is the way to go – but there’s a trick to making it look good. You’ve got to find the right spray to get those beachy waves. (I use this one from Oribe.)
West Elm’s newest bottle stoppers are too cool. I love the geo design – not to mention, the golden touch. A set of these would look good on any bar.
One of the major reasons to travel? The food, of course! Check out Conde Nast Traveler‘s latest list to find out the top cities in the U.S. for foodies. Austin, Texas made it!
Sale alert: Neiman Marcus has upped the markdowns to 65% off. They’ve added so many new things (this, this, and these!), too. There are some really good steals in this one. If you’re looking for the best basics, be sure to check out the Vince markdowns.