Do you feel like you have more weddings than you do Saturdays? I’ve got three coming up – and they’re all out of town! ‘Tis the season, right? With that in mind, I’ve been trying to select dresses for the occasions now rather than wait until the last minute like I usually do. Every wedding seems to call for something different – black tie, cocktail, casual, garden party – which can make finding the right dress quite tricky sometimes. The good news is that Nordstrom has an entire boutique dedicated to making the search a little less difficult. My rule is always to just keep it simple – and obviously white is never an option. Even though black is an easy choice, (and I do love this dress), I really try to steer clear of it for spring and summer weddings. It’s a personal preference but I just like wearing color (something like this) to weddings. It is a happy occasion, after all!
Here’s what I like about this particular dress from Maje: not only does the the meshy fabric gives it a bouncy, feminine shape but it’s also nearly impossible to wrinkle which makes it ideal when I’m packing for destination weddings. It’s also one of the most comfortable dresses I’ve ever put on. How can you beat that?
This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. Check out the newest arrivals in their Wedding Guest boutique.
Photos by Molly Miller
Happy Tuesday! It’s an especially good start to the day because The Dreslyn is kicking off their Friends & Family sale. From today through midnight on Thursday, you can score an extra 25% off your purchase. From all-white basics like this (love!) to that leopard clutch I’m still coveting, it’s all 25% off! Just enter the code WITHBENEFITS at checkout and you’re all set.
Here’s what you can’t miss:
- Have you ever seen a more perfect summer dress than this one?
- I’ve been obsessed with these sandals since I saw them in NYC last month. They’re classic, simple and so chic.
- Speaking of sandals, they’ve got a pretty amazing selection of K. Jacques.
- If ever there was a time to splurge, do it when you can get 25% off. This leather jacket would qualify. So would this one.
- I love a good shirtdress. This one is a classic.
- Eddie Borgo just keeps getting better. I love this tiny pyramid bracelet.
- Thy even have a small - but really good! – selection of home goods. These glass tumblers would make a great gift.
With all of the weddings, showers, and other spring to-dos that are coming up, I’ve been doing my best to stock up on some good gifts. (A set of these is my new go-to for summer hostesses.) In my search for a gift for a bride, I knew I wanted to do something monogrammed (every bride likes to see her new initials!) but I wanted to steer clear of napkins because I knew she would be receiving a lot of those from her registry. I came across these pajamas from Poplin and have decided they’re pretty much the perfect thing. I love the classic, menswear style and the neon piping is the icing on the cake. The best part is that Avenue 32 will monogram them for you. All you have to do is email them with your selection. A pair of these would make an excellent Mother’s Day gift, too.
Ever since I posted this picture, I’ve gotten emails and comments asking about the sparkly sandals - specifically, where are they from and do I know of a pair that’s a little more budget-friendly? I love my Marni version (the brown leather is so classic and the sparkles give it just a little something extra), but I understand that they’re definitely more of an investment sandal. The good news is J.Crew has jumped on board with it and come out with a less expensive – but equally as cute – version of a sparkly sandal. They’re perfect for casual days in jeans, but can easily dress up summer cocktail look.
You may or may not be headed to the altar anytime soon, but it’s still worth it to peruse the latest bridal collections. Even if it’s just to check out the adorable Oscar de la Renta flower girls! … Pineapples as vases? Sparkly place mats? Palm Springs? This tablescape has so much goodness going on. … Leave it to Kate Spade Saturday to give us the cutest spring/summer finds – especially this top that rings in under $100. … Here’s something you don’t find everyday: neon gummi bear soaps. It makes washing up a little more… fun? … My beloved K. Jacques sandals are now available in the prettiest ocean-blue hue. Yes, please. … If there’s one healthy food that I simply can’t get enough of, it’s beets. Add blood oranges into the mix and I’m totally sold.
There’s something about warm weather that makes me want to load up on my prints. The spring air has me pulling out all kinds of cheeky ones – pineapples (always), zebras, palm trees, and now, flamingos. This little shift is a new favorite of mine. Not only do I love the fun print, but the shape is just so easy. It’s a throw-on-and-go kind of dress – exactly what warm, summer days call for. I’m headed out to Palmetto Bluff this weekend and this will definitely be at the top of my suitcase.
‘Tis about that time! Shopbop is hosting their Friends & Family sale. From now until Thursday night, you’ll get 25% off your purchase with the code INTHEFAMILY14. Not only does this apply to all of their fab new arrivals (hello.), but it also includes their sale items. That means you’re getting things like this and these for 55% off. Happy shopping.
Here’s what you can’t miss:
- Whether you’re looking for an Easter dress or just a spring-y little something, this pink dress is a must-see. It would make a cute guest-of dress at a wedding, too!
- I’m a huge fan of Juliet Dunn. I basically live in her gauzy tunics when I’m in Harbour Island. Good news: this one is on sale! Add in the extra 25% off and you’re getting a really good deal.
- It seems that the cold snaps aren’t quite over. This jacket keeps me warm without looking (or feeling) heavy.
- Speaking of cover-ups, how about a pair of pants instead? These would be perfect for lounging around the pool this summer.
- I love a one-piece swimsuit. I think this one is super chic. I’m kind of loving this sporty one, too.
- More of a two-piece person? Here you go.
- I can’t get enough white dresses during this time of year. This sweet eyelet one is a new favorite.
- An extra 25% off means it’s a good time to pick up your white jeans for the season.
There are only a few online shops that I rarely go longer than a couple of days without checking. Mango is one them. It’s one of my favorite spots to find super chic – and super affordable – pieces that I can stock up on for the season. They manage to master the mix of trendier items and those perfect basics (obsessed) that you’ll wear all year long. Their latest arrivals are some of their best yet – in my opinion. I’m pretty sure that they’ve got everything you need for a complete spring/summer closet. The dresses have me especially smitten. They’ve got classic, wear-to-work pieces, easy-breezy stuff like this, and cocktail-hour numbers. The same goes for the tops, too: casual to dressy. (I love the rope detail on this one.) The accessories (this bag!) are just as good. And even better? Nearly every single item is under $100.