My goal for every weekend is the same: to go to bed Sunday night feeling both rested and productive. It’s the best way to start a Monday and leads to a good week ahead. Some (read: most) weekends I achieve more of the rest part than the productive part, but then other weekends, I manage to accomplish both. This was one of those weekends. Here’s a peek at what the past couple of days looked like:
1. I finally cleaned out my kitchen pantry. I’ve put this off for way too long but seeing this photo of Khloe Kardashian’s ridiculously organized pantry spurred me into action. I went into Monica-Geller-OCD mode. I spent way too much time (and money) at Container Store (these are my kitchen’s new favorite things) but my now clutter-free and label-haven pantry was worth it.
2. I binge watched Season 2 of The Affair. (Not exactly the typical Valentine’s Day binge watch but I balanced it out by watching some rom-coms later.) It took me awhile to start watching this show but once I started, I just couldn’t stop. I went through it way too quickly and am now eagerly awaiting Season 3. Who’s with me on this?
3. While watching that, I wore this mask on my face. (Multitasking.) It’s awesome. It says to leave it on for five minutes before tissuing it off but I just let it absorb into my skin and went to bed with it on. I woke up with super soft and very hydrated skin.
4. I booked our reservations for an upcoming trip to Mexico. Checking that off my list led me to almost purchase this swimsuit. I’m still thinking about it. I did, however, buy this beachy little dress and this off-the-shoulder top. That should make packing a little easier.
5. I started and finished this book. If you haven’t already read it, I strongly recommend that you do. It’s one of the best books I’ve read in a long time. It’s just so honest and real. It’s a heartbreaking story but truly inspiring.
6. I finally made a photo book with our wedding photos. The fact that we’re coming up on our third anniversary tells you how long I’ve been putting this one off. I made books for our families right after the wedding but somehow managed to never make one of our own. I used Artifact Uprising to make the book. They’re my absolute favorite for all of my photo projects.
7. I baked. A lot. It was Valentine’s Day after all. First: these peanut butter cookies. It’s a simple, three-ingredient recipe that results in peanut butter heaven. On the healthier side of things (it’s all about balance, right?), I also whipped up a batch of these blueberry-oatmeal muffins. They’ll make for easy on-the-go breakfasts this week.
Care to share your weekend agenda? Tell me in the comments!
Photos by Molly Miller