Cocktail parties, Secret Santa gift exchanges, dinners with friends and family – the holiday hustle and bustle is upon us. There’s plenty on your to-do list and stressing about what to wear to all these festivities shouldn’t be one of them.
My approach to getting dressed for holiday parties is all about the high/low mix. I have a handful of what I like to call my “holiday heroes” – the big-ticket items that offer endless wearability, making them well worth the investment. (Example: I bought a similar version of these red pants last year. They were so worth it because they look festive no matter what top you’re wearing.) At the moment, my holiday heroes include a statement-making pair of shoes (these) that I can wear with both jeans and cocktail dresses, a pair of leather leggings, a very sparkly silver skirt, and some standout jewels (these earrings, for one). Those lay the foundation for a perfect party look and from there, I can mix in budget-friendly items. As for the latter, there’s plenty of those to go around. Here, 12 festive favorites that ring in at under $150.
- Add this little velvet bag to even the most basic all-black look and ready for the party, you are.
- This little red skirt could not be more perfect. Bonus: it’s under $75! (Also red: this top.)
- This is a top you could wear any time of year. Add a pair of sparkly earrings to make it festive.
- This fab pink sweater would be perfect with a pair of red pants.
- I love the print on this skirt. Wear it with a black turtleneck or a red sweater.
- Statement studs under $50!
- ‘Tis the season for tartan. Pair this top with any pair of pants and out the door you go.
- Wearing a black top? Just add a pair of these earrings.
- Add this vest to a winter-white ensemble.
- Fastest way to festive? Feathers.
- If you’re really going for the sparkle, this one-shoulder top ought to do it.
- This LBD has just the tiniest touch of shimmer. (If you really want shimmer, go for this $74 dress.)