The easiest (and quickest) way for me to get dressed in the summer is by putting on a dress. No matter what’s on the agenda – work meetings, baby showers, cocktails on the patio – when I need to look pulled together and I need to do it fast, a dress is always my first option. Throw on a pair of sandals, add some accessories and out the door I go. It’s a one-and-done look.
I’ve already added several new styles (this one and this one) to my summer wardrobe, and, thanks to the new sales (hello!) that just popped up, I’m going to be adding a few more. There are so many good ones on big-time sale right now. (The one I’m wearing here is now 50% off!) From wear-to-the-office styles to vacation favorites (this one) to cocktail dresses perfect for a summer wedding – the options are endless. Good news: I’ve done the heavy lifting for you. I perused through the sales and came up with a hit list of my can’t-miss favorites. Happy shopping.
- This shirt dress one is such a winner. Wear it to the office with a pair of heels, throw it on as a coverup over a bikini, or wear it to your friend’s outdoor dinner party. That’s versatility at its best!
- This dress is one that you can throw on for a poolside lunch but can easily be dressed up with a pair of heels for cocktails. Plus: I love the color!
- You can’t go wrong with a classic LBD. Check out this one and this one. (Or opt for an LWD instead.)
- I love the relaxed look of this dress. It’s perfect for an outdoor party and would totally double as a pool coverup. Bonus: it’s under $125.
- This silk number is perfectly simple and chic with just the right amount of sex appeal.
- I wish they still had this one in my size. It’s the perfect dress for a beach vacation.
- I am totally obsessed with all of the dresses from Gül Hürgel. They’re the ideal summer dresses. I already ordered this one about an hour ago.
- I’m definitely ordering this one for vacation. (Love this one, too!)
- You know I love a good stripe.
- Chic and such a wear-forever classic.
- Check out all of the dreamy Ulla Johnson dresses on sale. My favorites: this one and this one.
- This off-the-shoulder dress (under $175!) in pale pink would be a good option for a wedding.
- I would wear this cocktail dress now and well into holiday party season. I love the black-and-white print.
- UNDER $100: this one, this one, and this one.
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick