Just like summer’s best dresses (hello!), a statement top offers the same one-and-done ease that I’m always after this time of year. The tops I’m talking about are the ones that, thanks to interesting details like ruffles and bow-tie shoulders, require little to no thought and need only a pair of denim to complete the look. This Rosie Assoulin top is a perfect example. Thanks to its unique cut and big-and-bold ruffles, this one-shoulder top does all the work for me. All I have to do is throw on a pair of denim (I’ve also worn it with these shorts) and out the door I go. That’s the beauty of statement tops: they simplify the getting-dressed process. And that’s what makes them numero uno on my list of must-haves for summer.
The good news? There’s lots and lots of these hero tops out there – and, just like my Rosie Assoulin one, they’re all on sale! Here, 13 on-sale favorites to shop right now.
- Rosie Assoulin is kind of the Queen Bee when it comes to statement tops. See: here, here, and here.
- How cute is this off-the-shoulder style from Peter Pilotto?
- Consider this top a year-round essential.
- Isolda proves that all you need is just a little bit of flounce. This top (also available in this print) is headed to me as we speak.
- I own this very top – only I wasn’t lucky enough to get it on sale. The polka-dot print adds a playful touch.
- The cascading sleeves make this a top that you can wear from the office straight to cocktail hour.
- This off-the-shoulder top would be a great option when you’re after something dressy. Just add these cropped black pants!
- Even a simple black tee can become a statement-making essential. (Bonus: it’s an extra 40% off today!)
- I so love the tops from Anna October. This one is on my list.
- How about this one for a $50 favorite?
- The puff sleeves make this eyelet top stand out.
- For a statement-making take on the classic button-down, check out this one and this one.
- Under-$150 favorites: here, here, here, and here.
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick