The week before Memorial Day always puts me in such a good mood. Not only is it the lead up to a long weekend (hooray!), but I just love that feeling you get when you know summer is right around the corner. You know what else puts me in a good mood? Sales. Lucky for me (and you, too!), there’s a lot of them right now. From Net-a-Porter (just launched this morning and better than ever!) and FWRD to Veronica Beard (how cute is this?) and Shopbop, nearly every single retailer is having some sort of sale.
While the discounts are happening across the board (apparel, accessories, shoes, you name it!), I’m focused on one particular area today: dresses. Just last week, a friend asked me about this little shirt dress I’m wearing here and when I went to find it for her, I realized it was marked 40% off. Seeing this discount, of course, led me down a sale spiral. I found so many good deals on dresses – from casual, off-the-shoulder styles (this one!) to cocktail dresses perfect for a friend’s wedding. The best part? I’ve rounded up all the best ones for you into one short-but-sweet list. Here, 12 (plus a few more!) on-sale favorites you don’t want to miss.
- If I didn’t already own this Lem Lem dress, I’d totally buy it on sale right now.
- This sunny little number is calling out for a beach vacay.
- I’m obsessed with gingham right now which puts dresses like this one and this one at the top of my shopping list.
- Who can resist a rainbow of ric-rac?
- This periwinkle dress would be so perfect for a summer wedding.
- How cute would this be for your Memorial Day BBQ?
- My idea of the perfect summer dress.
- I love this Alexander Wang deconstructed shirt dress.
- The epitome of a simple and chic LBD – and it’s 40% off! (Also this one.)
- Speaking of shirt dresses, nobody does them better than Veronica Beard. Check out this cutie currently on sale.
- This white lace dress would be perfect for a bride.
- This cocktail dress is one you can wear any time of the year.
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick