Like many of you, the majority of my meals have been enjoyed at home for the last few months. Sometimes (read: a lot of times) this means takeout and other times, it’s a home-cooked meal. No matter where its coming from though, I always set the table.
Setting the table is a joy for me. It’s something I’ve always loved doing and, in the same way that they say making your bed gets your day started off just right, setting the table – even for a very un-fancy takeout dinner for two – puts a special spin on the meal that’s to come.
Thanks to COVID-19, I’ve had plenty of opportunities to set the table lately. Though I’ve never needed an excuse to pull out my china and favorite flatware, getting to do it so often – breakfast! lunch! dinner! – was really a silver lining. I’ve also never needed an excuse to add to my tabletop collection, but COVID-19 gave me one anyway. I’ve added lots of new treasures to the collection over the past few months. Below, a hit list of my favorite finds along with a full shopping edit at the end.
- Tory Burch’s spongeware collection is so good. It’s a well-done classic. I love that it’s elegant without being fussy. It’s works for both fancy dinner and casual patio lunches. The plates are a must and the pitcher is great, too, because it can totally be a vase if you want it to be.
- A good neutral base is a must when it comes to a tabletop collection. This rattan placemat from Serena & Lily is a great buy. It works with literally anything you pair it with and is an easy way to add some texture to a table. In the alternative, I also love these from Anthro.
- These dinner plates are really great. They’re simple but interesting, and I love the subtle yellow and pink color combo.
- I love this set of mismatched glassware. With a price tag under $100, it also makes a great gift, too.
- If there’s one thing I think is totally worth the investment, it’s a set of bamboo flatware. It’s easily my most-used item in my tabletop collection. It works with everything. I love how it adds a playful touch to a super formal set up, while also being an easy go-to for more casual affairs. (If bamboo isn’t your thing but you’re looking for a similar-ish vibe, I LOVE this set of oak flatware. Adding to my cart immediately!)
- This pitcher screams summer. Snag one while you can!
- I am in love with all things Elizabeth Lake. If you’re unfamiliar, this brand is a newcomer to the tabletop scene – but surely here to stay. The entire collection is really special.
- I’m all about adding in color with my glassware. These coupes are wonderful. A set of six (each in a different color) would be ideal.
- I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of these plates I pre-ordered.
- These blue glasses are chic. I love the shape and they’re a great price.