Mari Anderson’s recent “Fear of Missing Out” illustration perfectly sums up my current state of mind. I’ve been hibernating for the last few weeks and I’m totally happy about it. There have been plenty of days where I have all the intention of going out for the evening and then as the day rolls on, my urge to go through with these plans just seems to decrease. My desire to stay in (read: open a bottle of wine and read my book) always seems to triumph. Anyone else feel this way right now?
This routine means I’ve spent a lot of time cozied up in my favorite pajamas and loungewear – not to mention, it’s made for an excellent excuse to refresh my current selection. Here, 6 favorites on heavy rotation right now.
- I’m a huge fan of Madewell’s button-down shirts (love this one) so it only makes sense that I would love their sleepshirts just as much. My newest addition is this pink and white stripe one. It would make a perfect Valentine’s Day gift, by the way.
- This gauzy nightgown from Skin is the one of my very favorites ever. On warmer nights, it’s the perfect thing.
- If you’re looking for the softest pajama pants ever then you need to own these.
- For the ultimate classic, Sleepy Jones it is. All of their styles are perfectly cut – so much so that many of their shirts (especially this one) have made their way into my daily outfits with jeans.
- I have been living in these striped house slippers. I purchased them on a whim last month and honestly can’t remember how I ever lived without them. They’re the most comfortable things I’ve ever put on my feet. Trust me: try a pair for yourself.
- I call these my “weekend pajamas” because I’ve been known to spend the better half of a Saturday or Sunday lounging around in them. They’re so comfy. I wish I could find them in another color.