I have a love-hate relationship when it comes to polka-dots. I love that they’re feminine but hate when they look too girly. I love their youthful vibe but hate when they come across as childish. See? It’s a fine line for me.
Lately, however, I’ve been changing my stance on the spots. (It might have started when I saw this photo. She made me see spots in a whole new way.) The print seems to be everywhere (here, here, here, and here) and I’m kind of loving it – so much so that I’ve managed to add more than a few polka-dot prints to my closet. Things like these sandals and this dress (under $100!) have added a playful element to my summer wardrobe. And I’m not stopping there. The polka-dot love is sticking around for fall. Below, 9 dotty favorites on my fall wish list.
- This Ulla Johnson sweater (also available in cream) is adorable. It looks super cozy, too.
- I’ve been eyeing this silk skirt for the last week. I love that it’s something I can pretty much wear year round.
- If it’s color you’re after, check out this and this.
- This top is such a good sale score. I love the statement sleeves.
- This dress reminds me of the outfit Julia Roberts wore to the polo field in Pretty Woman. It would make a great dress for the office.
- When it comes to a daily uniform, this button-down and this t-shirt are total winners – not to mention, perfect layering pieces underneath sweaters.
- This DVF dress is at the top of my most-wanted list. I love the wrap style. Plus: it’s something that can be dressed up (add heels) or down.
- I love the subtle spots on these go-with-everything pants.
- Under $100: this, this, and this