Here come the brides! My wedding day might be behind me but that hasn’t stopped me from perusing the Fall 2015 bridal collections. The gowns from designers like Oscar de la Renta (including Amal Alamuddin’s dress!), Vera Wang, and Lela Rose are seriously dreamy. One of my personal favorites was Monique Lhullier. The designer only included five ivory dresses, the rest were all color: lavenders, mints, pale pinks. The entire collection felt modern and elegant.
There’s nothing new about my love (and probably yours, too) for avocado toast. But it’s always a good idea to spice things up a bit. I love this simple recipe for incorporating fall ingredients (pears!) to give a classic breakfast a bit of a seasonal twist. It would be even more amazing on sourdough bread, don’t you think?
When it comes to managing that hustle-and-bustle of everyday life, my iPhone has certainly become one of my greatest allies. Among many (!) other things, it keeps me organized, on time, and entertained. I’m always up for learning about new tricks to put it to even better use. This list of the 25 apps to make your life easier is quite helpful.
Calling all fellow bookworms! The latest Goop newsletter gives us insider tips on the best books to buy, give as gifts, and have in your own personal library. My book wish list just got even longer.
SSB. Otherwise known as, “Secret Single Behavior.” Carrie Bradshaw was on to something when she coined the term. It’s all of those things that you used to do when you were single, when no one else was at home and you had your weekends free. I know we can all relate. I love spending time with my husband but I have to admit that I occasionally look forward to those rare nights where he isn’t home and I can fully indulge in my favorite SSBs: watching 90210 reruns (Dylan. McKay.), reading a big stack of magazines that I continuously tear pages out of stack them all over the floor, eating weird snacks (popcorn + peanut butter)…among plenty others. Go ahead. Tell me yours.
It’s a sale-sale-sale weekend. Here are the five sales you can’t miss:
- Tibi: 25% off with the code FF2014TIBI. Personal pick(s): this feathered dress and this party skirt.
- Jonathan Adler: 20% off with the code FF2014. Personal pick(s): the Bel Air vase.
- Loeffler Randall: 20% with the code IMAFRIEND. Personal pick(s): over-the-knee boots, scallop ballet flats, and a pair of kitten heels.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: 25% off with the code FRNFAM. Personal pick(s): a sparkly pair of Oscar de la Renta earrings.
- Barneys Warehouse: The new arrivals are outstanding. Personal picks(s): this stripe coat and a a Proenza clutch (50% off!).