For what was supposed to be short week (I love Monday holidays, don’t you?), it certainly seemed to drag on. It might have something to do with the pile of to-do’s I have in front of me – blog work, thank you letters, emails to return. On top of all of that, I also need to get myself officially moved into our new place. I’m about 3/4 of the way there. Most of my stuff is over here, but most of that stuff is also piled up in the closet behind me. I’m talking one big, giant pile. It’s bad. Long story short: I’ll be getting myself organized this weekend. I’m crossing my fingers that by Monday, I won’t be surrounded by cardboard boxes like I am right now. Let’s hope. Happy weekend!
For your weekend perusal:
- The morning funnies: Anyone subscribe to these? I can’t believe I’m just now getting around to it. My friend Christina introduced me to them, and they’re now a part of my morning routine. It’s a good way to start the day. Here’s today’s edition.
- Sale, sale, sale: Don’t forget about Shopbop’s sale. Just added this in the icy blue hue to my cart.
- Olivia Palermo – what?: I’m confused. This looks nothing like what Olivia Palermo normally wears. Anyone else agree? This might be the first time I’m not a fan of her look. (Like those shoes though. Just now with that dress.)
- Hello, summer: The beginning of summer – you can smell it. I love everything about it: days spent by the pool, watermelon salads, icy cocktails, vacations ahead. I created this Pinterest board with all of my favorite summer inspiration. Follow along, won’t you?
- Speaking of…: While we’re on the topic of summer, let’s talk ice cream. We received an ice cream maker as a wedding gift (one of our favorite gifts for sure), and we’re currently trying out all sorts of recipes with the thing. Next up? This peanut butter flavor recipe. Yum. Any other recommendations? Let me know.
(Image via Mark D. Sikes)