I think we can all agree that winter certainly overstayed its welcome this year. But now, well, it seems like we’ve reached the other side. The days are getting longer, temperatures are warming up, and before we know it, it’ll be summer. (Happy days are here again!) In terms of warm-weather dressing, I try to keep things as light (read: as the temperatures go up, the number of layers I’m wearing go down) and simple as possible. This translates to white denim, my favorite oversized button-down shirts, and, most importantly, lots (and lots) of dresses.
The beauty of the summer dress is that it’s a one-and-done look. It requires little to no effort to look totally put-together. No matter where you’re headed (the office, date night, dinner with friends), throw on a dress, add some accessories (a pair of earrings, these lace-up sandals) and out the door you go. Easy-breezy!
I did some perusing and found a number of options that check all the right boxes. Bonus: lots of them fall under the $100 mark. Scroll through below to shop the full list. Here, a quick hit list to get you started.
- I can always count on Topshop for a good steal. Snag this dress for $75. (This one is great, too!)
- I love this halter style from Mara Hoffman. The color is perfect for summer.
- Stripes under $125? See here and here.
- This one is such a good color and – bonus! – it’s on sale today!
- Nobody does easy-breezy quite like Kalita. The dresses are ethereal.
- This chambray style is the epitome of a throw-on-and-go dress.
- I’ve found a number great (and budget-friendly!) options at Reformation – including this one that I will probably buy in all three colors.
- This Theory dress has proven to be one of my best buys. It’s simple and chic.
- I scored this striped number for $60. Yes, please!
- I scored this one from Elizabeth & James. It’s ideal for a day-to-night look.
- This one is perfect for vacation. Wear it with simple slides during the day and then dress it up with some heels for dinner.