I’ve always been a pajama person. (I’m not talking about the ones I wear out to dinner this time. I’m talking about the ones that I actually wear to bed every night.) Whether it’s a pants-and-top combo or a lacy little nightgown, I just really enjoy pretty sleepwear. Getting dressed for bed is part of my PM routine (which also includes a face mask and a good book) and something I really look forward to doing each night. While this is true year-round, I think it’s especially relevant during the fall and winter when cozying up in a pair of pajamas (these were made for that sort of thing) is practically an activity in itself.
This all goes to say that I can be a little bit picky about my sleepwear. I’ve made my way through quite a few pairs of pajamas and many-a-nightgown over the years so I would consider myself well-educated in the ways of sleepwear. Here, a quick peek at my favorites.
- Natori. I’ve told you all before that their “Feathers” bra is the only one I wear. It really is the best bra ever. It comes in a million colors, fits perfectly, and can handle lots and lots of wear. (I’m also a huge fan of the matching undies.) Well, I’m equally as obsessed with their Zen pajama set. They’re incredibly soft and the lace trim adds that special detail.
- Oscar de la Renta. ODLR is good at so many things (check out my newest pair of earrings!) and that includes sleepwear. I received my first ODLR nightgown as a gift over six years ago and I still have it. That’s proof that the quality really is amazing. I just gave this chemise to a bride at a lingerie shower.
- Ever heard of Eileen West? I hadn’t either until a couple of weeks ago. This line is my newest favorite. I ordered this nightgown on a whim last month and have pretty much worn it every night since.
- When it comes to lingerie showers for brides, I usually gift some sort of sleepwear. (If I do go the lingerie route, I love the matching sets from Simone Perele.) La Perla has some great bridal options, and I love this little romper (just ordered it in pink!) from Flora Nikrooz. If I’m after something super special then I might consider Olivia von Halle’s “Remy” nightgown. It really is one of the prettiest things I’ve ever seen.
- For those Sundays when getting out of my pajamas just isn’t in the cards, I’m all about the “Giselle” set from Eberjey. They’re easily the most comfortable pajamas I own and they just keep getting softer and softer with time!
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick Photography
This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. All opinions are my own.