I love a statement-making look as much as the next girl, but I’m also someone who enjoys the simplicity of having a uniform. The basics (think: the best button-down shirt, a perfect stripe tee, great denim) are what make up the core of any good wardrobe. These are the pieces that are usually well-worth an investment, but that doesn’t you can’t find them on a budget. This H&M blazer is a perfect example. It’s a closet classic that’s been updated in a fresh blue check. It’s the kind of jacket I could easily wear every single day, and the best part is that I scored it for under $50. That’s what you call serious bang for your buck.
In the spirit of spring cleaning, I did a little perusing and rounded up a hit list of my favorite under-$150 essentials you can buy right now. From the chicest trench to a pair of wear-with-everything slides, these budget-friendly basics will give your closet an instant upgrade.
- I love the not-quite-white color and cool cut of these high-waisted jeans.
- The oversized buckle adds a cool detail to these sandals. The yellow hue is so happy, too!
- I live in this striped button-down shirt.
- This trench coat is the ultimate steal. It looks a lot more expensive than $70.
- There’s nothing quite as basic as a white tee. This is the best one.
- Kule’s iconic striped tee has been updated in a new hue for spring! Love.
- If you’re looking for a wear-with-everything pair of jeans, check out these $78 favorites from Everlane.
- The belt detail is the perfect upgrade to these under-$50 jeans.
- I’ve had so much luck with J.Crew lately. Check out this, this (swimsuit season is almost here!) and these.
- The little top is sure to become my go-to this summer. Bonus: it’s $25!
- Every closet could use a fresh pair of white kicks.
- These cropped pants are exactly what I turn do when I’m not in the mood for jeans.
- A great pair of gold hoops is a year-round essential. I love the slightly larger size of this pair.
For more, scroll down to shop all my under-$150 favorites.
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick