I usually try to resist talking about the Texas heat (the constant mentions are only serving as unfriendly reminders at this point), but the truth is that it’s sort of unavoidable. It’s hotter than hot and not exactly pleasant. While I love my white jeans, if I’m going to be spending any time at all (read: longer than 10 minutes) outside, it’s almost too warm even for those. (Even my loose, boyfriend-style pair feels like too much clothing at this point.) This means my current favorites revolve around easy, oh-so breezy dresses like this ruffle number I wore over the weekend. Not only do I love the mix of stripes and those little shoulder bows, but the wallet-friendly price tag ($150) makes it a clear winner.
Here, 7 other dress favorites that are both heat- and budget-friendly.
- This off-the-shoulder style is an excellent for a day-to-night option.
- How cute is the ric-rac trim on this dress? Wear it with these sandals and you’re good to go!
- I’ve scored some wallet-friendly gems at Madewell – including this one and this one.
- I adore this under-$100 caftan. The palm-tree print is calling my name.
- Gingham! Yes, please.
- The perfect off-the-shoulder LWD for summer? Try this one or this one.
- Under $100 favorites: here, here, here, and here.
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick