Happy #TuesdayShoesday! Today, I’m talking about one of my very favorite summer shoe styles: the slide sandal. I’ve never been big on flip-flops (I can never keep them on my feet!) so my sandal wardrobe has pretty much always consisted of strappy styles. I definitely still love my gladiators and lace-ups, but right now, I’m all about the slide. There’s just something so chic about the simplicity of a slide sandal. Better yet, they’re ridiculously comfortable and work with literally everything from a striped tee and jeans to a breezy maxi dress. Case in point: my Paul Andrew slides that I’m wearing here. On Sunday evening, I wore them with this happy dress out to dinner and then today, I have them on with my ripped jeans and a button-down. (They’re definitely giving today’s look a much needed upgrade.) The little wedge sandals are basically like the LBD of my summer sandal selection.
The resurgence of the slide means there’s no shortage of options. I have found a million pairs I love from Nordstrom. From the most simple slip-ons (I plan on buying at least two pairs of these) to pairs adorned with tassels and pom-poms, they basically have every style you could think of – which makes it pretty much impossible to not find a pair (or five) that you love. Here, 7 slides to add to your summer shopping list.
- This pair wins for all-around favorite. They’re super simple, super chic and under $60. Tip: buy two pairs.
- Loeffler Randall’s ruffle slide is just too good. It’s a style that can be worn with anything and everything. (LR’s tassel pair is pretty cute, too!)
- This pair looks more expensive than it is. The floral design adds a feminine touch that makes them perfect for a summer cocktail party. (The white pair would be a great options for a bride looking for a flat sandal!)
- That oversized bow and two-tone braided sole makes it difficult not to love these. Bonus: they’re under $100!
- If you’re after something super fun and really playful, look no further than Miu Miu’s fur pom-pom pair.
- I just ordered a pair of these in denim-blue. They have a cushioned sole which means they might be my most comfortable pair yet.
- As always, Ancient Greek nails it when it comes to fab, but functional sandals. I love their classic Apteros style, but it’s their newest velvet bow pair that’s topping off my wish list.
Scroll down to shop ’em!
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick
This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. All opinion are my own.