Summer may be coming to an end but wedding season never stops. Besides the obvious do’s and do not’s (no white!), dress codes seem to be a little more flexible these days. Even so, finding the perfect non-white outfit can still be quite the task. (Side note: if you are, in fact, the bride then you should definitely consider this fab little white number from Lisa Perry!) I did a little perusing and found a handful of perfect dresses – from splurge-worthy to budget-friendly – that are definitely best-dressed-guest material.
- This powder-blue dress from Marchesa was made for a wedding. It’s romantic!
- For a black-tie affair, this simple-chic dress should do the trick. The minimalist design is elegant and the open-back adds subtle sex appeal. The accessory options are endless. Bonus: it comes in four color options!
- This one-shoulder dress is under $200 and would work for all kinds of weddings. Pair it with flat sandals or wedges for an outdoor event or, for something more formal, go with a pair of ankle-strap heels.
- Florals are always appropriate for a wedding. For fall, go with a darker pattern like this midi from Preen.
- This dress is super fun, isn’t it? It’s a statement-maker that would work for cocktail or black-tie. Pair it with nude heels.
- I’ve been eyeing this color-block dress ever since it arrived online. The colors pop and the silhouette is unique. It’s a bold option for a formal wedding.
- Looking for something under $100? This strapless number is worth a try. I love the twist detail.
Tip: Be sure to check out the selection over on The Outnet. They have an entire section devoted to wedding-guest attire, and you can score some great deals.