It’s been way too long since I’ve posted a good beauty update. There’s a host of new lotions and potions that are worthy of a write-up. Here, a few tried-and-tested products that have made their way to favorite status.
- Bobbi Brown Radiance Mask – As we head into what seems like a month-long spree of one holiday party after another, masking is of utmost importance. What I like about this particular mask is that it’s both exfoliating and moisturizing – which is exactly what my skin needs right now. It’s become part of my pre-party beauty routine. I apply it to my skin, leave it on for about 5 minutes (sometimes longer), and then rinse it off. It leaves my skin feeling super-duper smooth, glowy, and ready for a party.
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation – I rarely wear foundation (this tinted moisturizer is my daily go-to) but ’tis party season which means my skin needs a little something extra. After reading one good thing after another about Koh Gen Do’s foundation, I decided to give it a try. The verdict? It’s as miraculous as everybody says it is. It provides just the right amount of coverage and gives my skin a dewy glow, all the while feeling light as air (read: not cake-y!). Bonus: it’s a mineral-based, all-natural formula so it’s an excellent buy for those of us with sensitive skin. I dab it on (a little goes a long way here) with this foundation brush and then finish it off with a tiny bit of Laura Mercier’s translucent powder. Done and done.
- Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’eau – When it comes to candles, I consider Diptyque to be the best of the best. Their fragrances are downright heavenly. (FYI: Their newest “festive fir tree” candle is the ultimate holiday scent. I’m already on my second one.) My all-time favorite, can’t-live-without-it candle is Baies. A mix of blackcurrant leaves and roses, it’s fresh and just a touch sweet. It’s the candle that I burn in all the bathrooms at home and I even have the scented oval (such a good stocking stuffer!) hanging in my closet. However, it wasn’t until recently that I discovered that a perfume version of the scent existed. (It has a totally different name so it just snuck right past me!) Needless to say, I’m obsessed. Thanks to a TSA-friendly 1.7 oz size option that’s available online at Nordstrom, it’s become my new travel perfume.
- By Terry Micellar Cleansing Water – With all of the holiday festivities, I’m wearing more makeup than I usually do. I feel like my skin needs a double cleanse to get it all off before I hit the sack. That’s where this cleansing water comes in. I now use it as a the first step in my cleansing regimen. (I follow it up with this cleanser.) I have no idea what the merits of “micellar water” are and it’s probably a totally unnecessary first step, however, I do know that it feels amazingly luxurious and my skin loves it. That’s merit enough for me.
- Nars Lip and Cheek Palette – This my new on-the-go favorite. It slides right into my clutch and with four blushes and one lip pencil, it has everything I need for a quick touch-up. Three of the blushes are various shades of peachy-pinks (the one called “Illusive” is so, so good!) that all work from day-to-night. The fourth “blush” is really more of a highlighter that I’ll use to just brighten everything up a bit. This little palette is going to be a magic weapon during holiday party season!
- Drybar Curling Iron – Here’s the deal: I’m horrible at doing my own hair. I’ve never been able to master a round brush and other than a pony tail, the only thing I’ve ever really been able to accomplish with it is what I might call a “messy knot” – and that’s only because my hair is often so dirty that the grease just allows the knot to stay put on it’s own. Lovely. This means more often than not, I usually just end up just letting my locks air dry or braiding it after a shower. The result is a not-so-pretty wave. The remedy? This curling iron. My sister turned me on to it and I’m now hooked. It’s easy to use and it delivers wavy curls that actually manage to hold throughout the day. I use it in the morning, wrapping one-inch sections of my hair around the wand. I finish it up with a little bit of this texture spray and violà! My not-so-pretty wave now has that beachy, messy-on-purpose look I was going for all along.
This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. All opinions are my own.