Whenever we’re about to roll into a new season, I like to do a little wardrobe stock check – clean out the items I don’t wear, update the basics (need a new pair of these and these), and determine the item(s) on my wish list. More often than not, a new handbag is what’s at the tip-top of that list. Since a handbag purchase is hardly ever a spur-of-the-moment for me, but rather a well thought-out decision on my part, I’ve already begun my research on the fresh batch of bags hitting stores for spring. Here, a look at my top five – from an investment-worthy crossbody to an under-$400 favorite.
- Loewe Mini Puzzle Bag // This bag has been hot for a couple of seasons now and, though I didn’t initially love it, I’ve since changed my tune. It comes in both a large and mini size. I prefer the latter. One of the best parts about this bag is the variety of colors you have to choose from (including a brand-spanking-new pink one that would be perfect for Valentine’s Day!) If I had to choose, I think I kind of love the red the most.
- Creatures of Comfort Malia Bag // This bag’s unique shape is what caught my eye. It’s a pull-through style that actually looks like it would be surprisingly comfortable on the arm. It also comes in a larger size but I prefer the small. Creatures of Comfort has some cool things going on. I love their bucket bags and this mini-shopper is pretty fab, too.
- Victoria Beckham Pouch: This little pouch is a straight-up classic. It’s one of those buys that you’ll never regret because you’ll be carrying it for years to come. I love that it works for day or night.
- Simon Miller Bonsai Bag // As you can see here, I’m a big fan of my black Bonsai Bag. The two-ring wonder was one of my best buys last fall. I’ve carried it countless times. I love it so much, in fact, that I’m thinking about adding it’s smaller – but equally as chic – little sister style to my closet. It’s such a dainty little bag. Tiny, but mighty!
- Loewe Elephant Bag // How adorable is this little guy? I finally had a chance to see one in person the other day and fell even more in love with it. I was pleasantly surprised by its size, too – roomy enough for the essentials, but not to large that it’s overbearing. I think color (the cobalt is pretty fab) is definitely the way to go with this one. (There’s also a coin-purse version of the elephant that’s equally as adorable.)
Photos by Kristen Kilpatrick
This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. All opinions are my own.