If you all have been following along with me for some time then you know how much I love to entertain. Casual game nights with the girls, birthday brunches, dinners for 12 – I always love hosting the party. With that in mind, it should come as no surprise that I also love everything that goes into setting the table – from the flatware to the flowers. While my table settings vary depending on what type of party it is, there is one thing that is always present: color. Whether it’s a super casual meal with my family or a formal dinner party, you can always count on my table to be a colorful one. In my opinion, the table is essentially the centerpiece for any party. I see it as an opportunity for a host to show some personality – and for me, this translates to plenty of color.
There are so many different ways to add color to a table. The flowers are a good start but they don’t have to be the only bright accent on the table. From vibrant glassware to dessert plates with bold prints, there are so many different ways to brighten up your table. I did a little perusing on Nordstrom and managed to come up with a quite a selection of fun finds for the table. Whether you’re gearing up for holiday festivities or just want to brighten up your Tuesday night dinner, this hit list should do the trick.
- Anthropologie always delivers when it comes to color. My latest addition is a set of these dessert plates that feature an illustration by Paige Gemmel. They add such a fun surprise to a table.
- I use these bowls for serving everything from cereal to fruit.
- I am totally smitten with the spongeware plates from Tory Burch. They add visual texture to a tabletop.
- These napkins are happy. I would use them for a brunch table.
- Not quite ready to go bold yet? This serving platter features a red rim, adding just a touch of color.
- I’ve managed to add three different sets of these melamine plates from Thomas Fuchs. They’re an artful addition to any table.
- The blue-and-white print on these salad plates remind of ceramic tiles. These would be especially fun in the summer.
- I’m obsessed with this stripe platter from Vietri. It would make an excellent addition for the holidays.
- This set of bowls is such a classic. They’re calling out for a spring tablescape.
- The aqua color on these glasses is soft enough that it works for both everyday use or mixed in with more formal pieces.
- The green version of these wine glasses would be perfect an upcoming holiday tablescape.
Below, shop the full list.
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering with me on this post. All opinions are my own.
Photos by Lindsey Weitzel