– Tulip Tie Dye ($5) in Black, Blue, and Yellow
-American Apparel Sheer Jersey Long Sleeve Tee ($26)Directions:
1. Lay the shirt down on a flat surface. Insert a piece of cardboard in between the layers, so the dye does not bleed through from the front to the back!
2. Spray sides of the shirt with the Yellow fashion dye creating two outer panels of color.
3. Spray the middle section of the shirt with the darker contrasting color (in this case, the Blue fashion dye). It’s ok if the color overlaps a little bit—we think the bleeding looks cool!
4. Let it dry flat (for approximately thirty minutes; it’s ok if it’s a bit damp, as it will help the color bleed) and repeat first three steps on the backside of the shirt.
5. Once it has dried, gather the shirt in very thin vertical sections, grabbing from the neck and the bottom of the shirt (to create an accordion effect!)
6. Finally, make thin horizontal lines with the Black fashion dye (with tip applicator) across the gathered accordion surface using the tip of your tie dye bottle nozzle. Repeat on the sleeves.
7. Again, our master crafter recommends you wait for the shirt to dry for three days before washing, according to the directions on the tag. For peace of mind, wash it in like colors or all by itself first!