Hello, holiday! Just in case you were on the hunt for a good heel for this festive season, here it is: Sophia Webster’s Amma pumps. This is a pair from the current collaboration between J.Crew and Webster. (J.Crew teams up with the best people, don’t they?) While there are plenty of other pretty pairs to love in the collection, these golden beauties are by far the best. The gold jacquard gives them just enough of a fancy touch yet the silhouette (I love the multiple straps) is cool enough that I would totally wear these with a pair of boyfriend jeans and chambray shirt or cozy sweater. ‘Tis the season!
Guess what? Shopbop’s sale just got even better. Not only did I find some things I’ve been holding out on (like this little top and these green K. Jacques sandals) now marked to 70% off (!!!), but there’s also a whole new batch of goodies (hello.) in the sale.
Here’s what you can’t miss:
- One of my favorite new things included in the sale is this bejeweled sweater from Tory Burch. Talk about a holiday must-have.
- Speaking of holiday shine, how about a pair of these ballet flats?
- This pair of Rablabs agate coasters would make a perfect holiday hostess gift.
- Cozy and chic. That’s how I would describe this sweater.
- Now that this pink python clutch is under $110, I think I’ll scoop one up for my sister.
- If there’s ever a time for a bright red coat, it’s right now.
- A perfect holiday party dress! Crossing my fingers my size magically shows up.
- A classic leather jacket that you’ll forever at 40% off? Go for it.
- Nothing like a fur sweater to keep you nice and toasty this season.
Black-on-black, boring? Not to me. (As the holiday hustle-and-bustle gets going, black – and lots of it – will be my best friend.) Like I told you all in this post, the key is just to add some color or interesting texture or print where you can. In this case, it’s my Lisi Lerch earrings. These turquoise tassels have been a mainstay for me over the past couple of months. The aqua color was obviously a favorite during the summer months with little white dresses, but I love them just as much now, too, with camel turtlenecks and such. I love the way turquoise looks paired with navy blue. The turq color seems to make the navy look even more rich. The best part? The earrings are under $100 making them a great gift for a gal pal – or yourself.
Photos by Molly Miller
The weatherman didn’t lie: the cold front has finally arrived. We’re in for a chilly next few days, and I couldn’t be happier about it. A few things on my to-do list: pulling out a pair of over-the-knee boots, bundling up in my coziest sweater and my favorite coat, and, most importantly, making lots and lots of soups.
I love soups and stews. I crave them all year long – even when it’s blazing hot outside. My husband finds it totally bizarre when I tell him I’m craving chicken lime soup (my favorite!) in the height of summer. But hey, I still eat ice cream when it’s below 30 degrees. With that said, soups do have a very special appeal this time of year. Is there anything better than a hot bowl of chicken tortilla soup or turkey chili when it’s cold and dreary outside? It warms me up just thinking about it.
The best part? They’re so easy to make. Sometimes I just throw everything in my slow cooker before leaving for work in the morning and when I get home, dinner’s ready. There’s also plenty of really tasty recipes (like this one) that take under 20 minutes. What I really love is that they’re easy to store. I used to think it was such a waste cooking a big pot of soup when it was just the two of us but now I just do it at the beginning of the week and we’re set for lunches and dinners for a couple of days. (This little bowl has come in quite handy for packing my soup for lunch.)
There’s no shortage of soup inspiration out there. I’ve dedicated an entire Pinterest board to the subject. Here, 10 soup recipes I’ll be cooking up this season. if you have any recommendations of your own, please share in the comments. I’d love to hear them.
Since most of my days are spent running to and from various appointments and shoots for work, high heels (God love them) just aren’t practical for me. Flats make the long hours on my feet bearable. I love my ballet flats (these are a favorite right now) but lately I’m becoming more and more of a sneaker girl. From my New Balance kicks to my slip-ons to my tried-and-true Supergas, I’ve somehow found myself with a mini-collection of sneakers. And none of them are for wearing to and from the gym.
My latest sneakers obsession? The Nike Roshe Run. The design of these sneakers is super clean and simple. It’s a straightforward design. That’s what makes them a chic sneak. Not to mention, the minimal look allows them to be paired with everything from skinny denim to leather pants to skirts. I honestly have no idea if they’re really the best “running” shoes per say (thought the thick sole does look to be quite supportive). I already have running shoes and that’s not what these kicks are for anyway. The Roshe is for wearing around town and what not.
They come in a million colors which always presents a problem for me. I’ll probably end up with this gray or another neutral like this one and if I really like them then I’ll go ahead with a super bright (orange or neon pink). There’s also a print option which I’m surprisingly not averse to. It’s a good-looking sneaker. You can’t go wrong.
If you’re doing some weekend shopping then be sure to head over to J.Crew. They’re offering 25% off all of their fall favorites until Tuesday. The “favorites” include outerwear, sweaters, blazers, shoes, and even some cold-weather accessories. The temperatures are finally starting to drop around here so this is perfect timing, in my opinion. In other words: if you’ve been holding out on buying that shiny puffer for the winter ahead, now is the time to do it. Enter the code GETWARM at checkout and you’re all set.
Here’s what you can’t miss:
- When it comes to the classic peacoat, J.Crew does it best. Navy blue and black are always good choices, but I’m drawn to the “neon flame” color right now.
- I love a long sweater. This tunic-style would be ideal over leather leggings.
- The metallic shine on these tassel loafers adds a feminine touch.
- The schoolboy blazer works as an everyday option but it’s also heavy enough to sub in as a warm layer when you don’t have a coat.
- Does a prettier emerald green coat exist? No way.
- A little random but these cozy socks were my absolute favorite during the extra cold days of winter last year.
- Cashmere. 25% off. Doesn’t get any better than that. (I’m particularly loving the v-neck boyfriend style right now.)
- A pair of these are such an indulgence but can you think of anything softer/better/more luxurious?
- I wore this turtleneck non-stop last winter. Time for a new color – or two.
- Leave it to J.Crew to make a puffer look extra special. I love the shine on this jacket. Navy or red? I’m still undecided.
- Speaking of puffers, I’ve actually been thinking about purchasing a long one this year. I remember wishing I had one last year. When it’s really, really cold outside, that extra bit of length makes such a difference. I love the winter-white option.
You probably know this by now but one of my favorite places to score great deals is The Outnet. I check their new arrivals on the reg. This week’s delivery? Oh, so good. I’m talking 3.1 Phillip Lim, Roksanda Ilincic (this!) and more! At 60% off.
If you all follow my Instagram then you already know that Sundays are cookie days in my house. This week, I’m thinking about giving a classic a little twist with these dark chocolate-pistachio-sea salt cookies.
A five-step digital cleanse to streamline your tech life. I so need this. This sounds more like a 2015 resolution – but why not do it now?
I’ve never been able to start my morning without first making my bed. It’s become part of my morning ritual. According to this article, making your bed not only keeps your room looking tidy but it can actually lead to a happier, more fulfilled life.
Who doesn’t need a holiday zebra in their house this time of year? Yes, please.
I’m absolutely smitten with this colorful, seaside abode designed by Amanda Lindroth. Beachy-glamour!
While my closet is packed with a color palette of grey, white, and black year-round, this is never more true than in the winter. Cold months call for heavy layering and it’s just easier for me to do this when I stick to the basics. Not to mention, I love a tonal look – especially a gray one. The various shades of gray play nicely together which makes achieving that head-to-toe look fairly simple.And, of course, all of it looks good black and white. Dark charcoals like this coat (Gap! Under $150!) pair perfectly with heather-grays like this cozy sweater or these leather pants. I also love the idea of a grey sweater dress with charcoal tights and some ankle boots. I bought these jeans last week and can’t wait to pair them a range of various grays (mainly this jacket that I’ve decided I have to have). There’s just something about winter that makes me want to cozy up in the color so I’m going to fully embrace it. I’ve rounded up some of my gray favorites here for you to check out.