Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had their fill of all of their favorite foods (mashed potatoes for me!). Now, I never (ever) hit the malls on Black Friday. It’s way too much pressure for me and the crowds would really wear me out. However, I definitely like to take advantage of the deals. I just do it in the comfort of my own home via online shopping. I’m sure you feel the same way, too?
There are so many good deals happening right now. (Up to 25% off at Nordstrom! ) And since I certainly can’t cover them all, I’ve selected my favorites and included them here. You all come to me for the edited version anyway, right? Happy shopping!
- Enter the code GIMME20 to receive 20% off your purchase
- Don’t miss: this clutch, this amazing toggle coat (!), and this adorable LBD.
- Enter the code BLACKFRIDAY to receive up to 60% off your purchase
- Don’t miss: this party-perfect dress, the most beautiful winter-white coat, and the entire selection of K. Jacques.
- Enter the code CHARLIEBROWN to save up to 25% off your order
- Don’t miss: the most perfect black blazer, these adorable heels, and the coat I’ve been coveting since September.
- Receive 20% off site-wide
- Don’t miss: this pretty stack of rings, a sparkly top worthy of a holiday party or two, and this cozy, winter-white sweater from Vince
- Enter the code BIGEVENT13 and receive up to 25% off your order
- Don’t miss: this leopard-print handbag, a pair of boots you’ll wear for years, and the cutest little white dress I’ve seen this season
- Save up to 50% off (!!!) on the newest markdowns
- Don’t miss: this funky sweatshirt, a Marissa Webb blazer, and this chunky sweater
- Save up to 30% off site-wide
- Don’t miss: a sparkly top like this one, a Harbour Island-worthy tunic, and this vintage-esque handbag
Print image via Marisa Hopkins
Happy Thanksgiving! Don’t you love this holiday? A day off from work to spend with your family, eating, drinking, and being thankful. I can’t think of anything better. I hope it’s a good one!
There are only a few things that I never leave home without: my cell phone, my Nars lipstick in “Barbarella,” and my leather journal. I am constantly jotting down notes, blog ideas, and, most often, to-do lists. Keeping my notebook with me ensures that I don’t forget things (in other words: it keeps me sane). And I know I’m not the only one. Since it’s something that most people use all day, everyday, having a pretty one to look at is never a bad thing. These hand-stamped leather ones from Monica Rich Kosann caught my eye this morning. Made in Italy, the journals come in several different leather colors (the orange resembles that of Hermès), and you can choose from a “Carpe Diem” or a “Mine!” stamp. The gold embossing really adds that special touch, don’t you think? Shop all of the options here.
Today’s Style Notes is a major treat for me. If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile (see here and here) then you already know that I’m a serious fan of Ashley Pittman. (I wear these bangles non-stop, and I would like nothing more than to see these earrings under the Christmas tree this year.) Originally from my hometown of Dallas (!), Ashley now splits her time between California and Kenya. (That’s right: Kenya. How cool is that?) After volunteering for the Clinton Foundation HIV/AIDS Initiative in Rwanda, Ashley decided to build a sustainable jewelry company that would provide employment and business training to local artisan groups there. The jewelry collection is all handcrafted in Africa and features natural materials such as horn, fair-traide semi-precious gemstones, and bronze. Ashley also donates 10% of all profits to help fund a Kenyan health center and primary school. I love knowing that each of my purchases (and there have been quite a few!) has contributed to such a worthy cause.
Today, the designer is letting us in on all of her favorites – including her signature accessory (horn bangles! no surprise there.), the shows she’s always got on her DVR, and an at-home beauty secret that you can be sure I’m going to try ASAP.
You can shop the Ashley Pittman Collection here.
People must be gearing up for Black Friday/Cyber Monday because it seems like I’m posting a sale alert every afternoon. Today’s comes to us from Shopbop. (I think we can all agree that the best sales are the ones that come from Shopbop.) They’re offering up to 25% off your order. Here’s the really good news: the deal includes both full-priced and sale items. That means you can really score a deal on some things (leather leggings!) that have already been marked down. This Tibi dress, for example, is already 30% but, with this sale, you’re going to get an additional 15% off. The same goes for this adorable orange dress from Camilla & Mark. Enter the code BIGEVENT13 at checkout and you’re all set.
Here’s what you need to check out:
- If you’re looking for a lady-in-red kind of dress for the holidays, take a peek at this one. So simple and so chic.
- Remember my favorite Missoni slippers? They’re on sale now.
- Speaking of shoes, these boots are also on sale.
- I’m kind of loving this whole mismatched earrings look. The green feels festive, too!
- I need another stripe top like a hole in the head, but I can’t resist this one with the zippers on the sleeves.
- These hot pink ballet flats. Period.
- This fur vest would keep you nice and cozy over the holidays. I kind of love it in white.
1. CANADA GOOSE Vest 2. JAMBOX Wireless Speaker 3. ALEXANDER McQUEEN Bow Tie 4. BOSE Headphones 5. JACK SPADE Corduroy Blazer 6. NIKE Sneakers 7. KAUFMANN MERCANTILE BBQ Spice Set 8. FB COLLECTION Paddleball Set 9. KNOTZ Cufflinks 10. CLUB MONACO Shirt 11. OMEGA Shaving Brushes 12. J.CREW Nutcracker Boxers 13. IL CEPPO Travel Shave Set 14. MARSHALL’S Hot Sauce 15. PAUL SMITH Dopp Kit 16.KAUFMANN MERCANTILE Steak Knives
Gift giving is one of my very favorite things. I genuinely enjoy hunting for that perfect present for somebody. (I usually get so excited when I find it that I ruin the surprise and give it to them before Christmas.) When it comes to my sisters, my mom, my girlfriends… I’m on top of it. I can always manage to find something (bangles! a scarf! a new pair of pajamas!) that I know will thrill. Boys, on the other hand, are a different story. Boys are just plain difficult to shop for – at least they are for me. I really have no idea what it is they want. I listen really carefully all year long hoping my husband will mention something (anything) that he might have a hankering for. Sometimes this works and I manage to surprise him. Other times, no luck. So, I’m usually on my own when it comes to searching for his gift, and my dad’s, too.
Working on this gift guide proved very helpful for me. It gave me some new ideas and inspired me to pick up a few more stocking stuffers (a pair of these perhaps?) for my hubby. Most of all, it introduced me to a new shop: East Dane. (It’s actually Shopbop’s little brother so you know it’s got to be good, right?) I’ve heard about it but I hadn’t managed a visit until this past weekend. It’s incredible. It’s everything that I love about Shopbop (user-friendly, a variety of designers, organized) but for men. They selection is so good. The clothing includes everything from beautifully tailored jackets (this one!) to sporty essentials like this vest. The accessories and shoes are just as good, too. My favorite section is the “Under $100″ gift guide. From books to shaving kits to tech-y stuff, they’ve managed to round up the most perfect (and affordable!) gifts for men.
I’ve may or may not have purchased my husband’s gift while putting together this little guide…but since I know he’s reading this right now, I can’t tell you what it is.
As always, you can click any image above to take you directly to its shopping page. For more gift ideas, check out my shop section. I’m updating it daily with new finds.
Hip hip hooray… J.Crew just keeps the deals coming. With the code GETGIFTING, you’ll receive 25% off any order. The code is only good through end of day tomorrow though, so you better get to shopping!
Here’s what you need to check out:
- I’ll be scooping up a couple of pairs of these. One for my sister… and one for me.
- I bought this jeweled sweater last week. It’s my new favorite. Maybe I need one more color.
- A pair of these sparklers would make a perfect stocking stuffer.
- For the jet-setter, this travel wallet is a terrific gifts – and it’s under $100, too!
- I’m obsessed with this color-block puffer…
RAG & BONE Wool Fedora // RAG & BONE Blazer (old) // ZARA Sweater // VINCE Leather Leggings // GIVENCHY Bag // RAG & BONE Boots
I know I’ve mentioned this before, but one of the things I rarely do is wear one designer head-to-toe. It’s just never been my style, and I like to mix and match way too much. My looks are almost always a mash up of different designers which results in a mix of various textures and patterns. That’s just how I like it. It didn’t even occur to me until I was labeling these photos that I was basically breaking my own rule. With the exception of my sweater and my leather leggings (which I love and can’t stop wearing, by the way), this look is pretty much all Rag & Bone. I shouldn’t be surprised seeing as a good portion of my closet is the brand. They’ve just always made pieces that turn out to be my very favorites. I’m a devotee of their jeans (I have this pair in at least four colors), and I cannot get enough of their Newbury booties. I wear them day-in and day-out. There just isn’t a better boot out there. (Although their newest “Kendall” style could be a very close second.)
My latest purchase is a new one for me: a wool fedora. I have a great straw fedora that I wear all the time during the summer, but I’ve never had a great winter hat. Until now. This one is perfect. It’s not too small, not too big, and I love the leather detailing that wraps around. (Note: This J.Crew one looks equally fantastic and it’s half the price.) It looks like Rag & Bone has managed to add another favorite to my closet.
Just in time for the holiday festivities, Piperlime is offering 40% off (!!!) on their AM to PM selection. That means you can score things like this (metallic + stripes!) for less than $100. While the Daytime section has those perfect pieces for holiday brunches, lunches, gift exchanges…, the Nighttime section has those extra festive pieces (this sequin-sleeved mini, for example) that are perfect for cocktail parties and other nighttime soirées. Just enter the code AMTOPM at checkout.
AM to PM favorites:
- I’m a sucker for all things Vince, and, at 40% off, this sweater has to be mine.
- This is the most perfect time to scoop up your favorite pair of denim. DL1961, Paige, J Brand… it’s all there!
- Speaking of J Brand, take a look at this coated pair. Gives the look of leather – without the hefty price tag!
- I am obsessed with this M Missoni dress. I’m thinking that it’s worth the splurge. You?
- Everyone needs at least one sequin blouse during the holidays – especially when snag one for $60.
- These earrings ring in at under $20 making them a perfect stocking stuffer for your girlfriends.
Gifts are all about buying someone something they wouldn’t normally buy for themselves. (Even though I did. I ordered these gloves for myself last month. And I love them. So much.) Case in point: a great pair of gloves. These aren’t your typical gloves either. They’re texting gloves! With tiny little slits on the thumb and index finger, they allow for easy iPhone use. That means no more having to remove a glove every single time you want to use your phone. Did I mention that they’re cashmere? Even better. Sounds like the perfect gift to me.