For what was supposed to be short week (I love Monday holidays, don’t you?), it certainly seemed to drag on. It might have something to do with the pile of to-do’s I have in front of me – blog work, thank you letters, emails to return. On top of all of that, I also need to get myself officially moved into our new place. I’m about 3/4 of the way there. Most of my stuff is over here, but most of that stuff is also piled up in the closet behind me. I’m talking one big, giant pile. It’s bad. Long story short: I’ll be getting myself organized this weekend. I’m crossing my fingers that by Monday, I won’t be surrounded by cardboard boxes like I am right now. Let’s hope. Happy weekend!
For your weekend perusal:
- The morning funnies: Anyone subscribe to these? I can’t believe I’m just now getting around to it. My friend Christina introduced me to them, and they’re now a part of my morning routine. It’s a good way to start the day. Here’s today’s edition.
- Sale, sale, sale: Don’t forget about Shopbop’s sale. Just added this in the icy blue hue to my cart.
- Olivia Palermo – what?: I’m confused. This looks nothing like what Olivia Palermo normally wears. Anyone else agree? This might be the first time I’m not a fan of her look. (Like those shoes though. Just now with that dress.)
- Hello, summer: The beginning of summer – you can smell it. I love everything about it: days spent by the pool, watermelon salads, icy cocktails, vacations ahead. I created this Pinterest board with all of my favorite summer inspiration. Follow along, won’t you?
- Speaking of…: While we’re on the topic of summer, let’s talk ice cream. We received an ice cream maker as a wedding gift (one of our favorite gifts for sure), and we’re currently trying out all sorts of recipes with the thing. Next up? This peanut butter flavor recipe. Yum. Any other recommendations? Let me know.
(Image via Mark D. Sikes)
Top to bottom: FRAME // MAISON SCOTCH // CURRENT/ELLIOTT
It seems that I have returned home to summer. I walked off the plane and I could feel that the new season had (unofficially) arrived. Memorial Day – complete with a lemonade stand at the end of our street – just added to this sentiment. With that in mind, I’m starting to do all sorts of summery things (I ate a popsicle on my porch last night) which includes moving a few summer staples to the front of my closet. First up? Denim shorts. They’re a summer must-have for me. I’m not totally into a short-short, you know what I mean? If I opt for a shorter pair (like these), I like them to be a looser fit. More of a boyfriend look. I also love the longer denim look. I wore a pair like these with a classic men’s button down all of last summer. I also wear my white denim shorts (I own this pair) just as much as the blue. What about you? Any favorites?
(Image via Stockholm Streetstyle)
It looks like I returned home to a slew of sales. I thought I had missed most of the Memorial Day ones, but there’s still quite a few going on. Here are the ones that you might want to check out:
- J.Crew is offering an extra 30% off (!!!) their sale items with the code HELLOSTYLE. My favorite shorts (love the aqua pair) are included in that, and they’ve even got some of their new swimsuits (like this one) in there too.
- Then there’s Net-a-Porter. They rarely have sales, but when they do, they’re good ones. This little LemLem coverup dress would be a goody for summer. I’m also thinking about this sparkly top from Tory Burch. It would be a perfect pairing with white denim or a pair of striped shorts, don’t you think?
- The best for last. Shopbop. SO many good things here. This adorable LWD is the ticket. I love the eyelet detailing. And speaking of white pieces for summer, you might want to check out the white denim section of the sale. There are plenty of perfect pairs for the summer – like this pair from Vince. I also wouldn’t mind scooping up this caftan.
I’m baaaack. Whew! What. A. Week. The honeymoon absolutely flew by (a week is far too short, if you ask me) – yet it feels like I’ve been gone for so much longer than just seven days. It’s a strange feeling. The wedding seems like a long time ago for some reason. Anyone know what I mean? Nonetheless, the past week has been perfect. The wedding was everything I imagined it would be. Thank you all so much for your kind words and wishes. It meant so much to me to hear from so many of you all. I took everyone’s advice and really did my best to enjoy every single second of it. It really does go by in a blur, and I am so thankful that I took the time to really soak it all in. I have so many wonderful memories from the weekend. The snapshot above is the only one I have so far, but it’s already one of my favorites. Plenty more to come…
The honeymoon was ah-mazing, too. It was our first time to Little Dix Bay, and we couldn’t have been happier that we chose it as our destination. It’s such a beautiful place (it’s located on Virgin Gorda – just a 15 minute boat ride from Tortola), and it was exactly what we needed after what seemed like a whirlwind of a month. My packing list was right on (this one-piece swimsuit is my new favorite and I lived in these sandals). We spent our days eating, drinking (basil margaritas, to be specific) and relaxing. And our nights were spent pretty much the same. The food was delicious, and the cocktails were even better. I managed to finish one book and start another. Like I said, exactly what I needed.
We came home feeling so relaxed – which is good because it’s officially back to reality. The mountain of thank-you’s and other to-do’s are calling my name…
(Image via Steve Wrubel Photography)
One of the (many) fun things involved in a wedding are the initials that come along with it. My new monogram has me seeking out all sorts of things on which to stamp the initials (these napkins and this new pillow, mainly). So you can imagine my excitement when this adorable clutch from Gigi New York arrived in my mail - monogrammed and ready to go! The embossed-python pouch is a perfect size - it works on its own as a clutch or can double as an insert in a larger bag. It’s ideal for traveling when you need to corral all of those little something and your passport in one spot. It comes in a million different colors, too! This would make a lovely gift for a bride-to-be – or anyone who loves their monogram as much as I do.
This post was sponsored by Gigi New York.
We’re married! And headed to the beach now…
I’m doing something that I’ve never done before on Luella & June: taking a break. One full week of no posts on this blog. I think the blog deserves a little vacay, and I figured if there was any week to do it then this was it. Be back in one week (with plenty of wedding recap, too!).
(Image via Vogue)
You know, one of the best things about a wedding is that it’s not just a day. No. You get the whole weekend. With a bridesmaids luncheon this afternoon, and then the wedding rehearsal followed by what is sure to be a wonderful dinner, the festivities really start today. Right now, in fact. The celebration will continue all the way through tomorrow night (and for the rest of our lives after that). I couldn’t be happier. With the exception of the occasional butterflies in my stomach, I feel oddly calm and relaxed (are all of the nerves going to hit me like a ton of bricks tomorrow?!). More than anything, I just feel ready: ready for the wedding, (very) ready for the honeymoon, and ready for the next chapter of our lives.
I’ll be at the beach next week, so you won’t be hearing much from me. The blog will be taking a mini-honeymoon of its own.
Happiest weekend to you all.
Clockwise from top left: J.CREW Pants // PROENZA SCHOULER Clutch // Image // GAP Sandals // BOUNKIT Earrings // Braids //ARTERIORS Bowls // KATE SPADE Travel Journal // DVF Bahar Dress // SMOOTHIE Recipe // MADEWELL Sunglasses
P.S. J.Crew is offering 20% off ANY purchase today. Just enter the code LOOK20 at checkout. Shop it here.
1. SENSI STUDIO Hat 2. MISSONI Striped Pareo 3. TORY BURCH Foldover Clutch 4. TIBI Denim Shorts 5. DL1961 Jeans 6. THE INTERESTINGS Book 7. TIBI Chiffon Dress 8. SUZANNA DAI Earrings 9. LOEFFLER RANDALL Sandals 10. EQUIPMENT Palm-Tree Print Blouse 11. RAY-BAN Sunglasses 12. J.CREW Bikini 13. LA MER Creme de la Mer
I’m normally a major packing procrastinator. I always wait until the very last minute to start putting things into my suitcase. This inevitably stresses me out and leaves me scrambling to get everything together before my flight. Packing is just something gives me anxiety (anyone else?) and an activity I don’t particularly like – which probably explains why I avoid doing it ahead of time. But that’s not the case this for this trip. I promised myself that I would get all of my packing for the honeymoon done early (as in not on Friday afternoon and definitely not on Saturday morning). There are plenty of other things I need to be focusing on this week, and my suitcase really shouldn’t be one of them. I’ve made some fun purchases (like this and a pair of these, too!) and that always makes packing a little easier, don’t you agree? Besides the beach essentials – my sunscreen and a bikini – I’ll also be bringing some new favorite dresses and my latest read, too!