It’s that time of year again: Shopbop’s Big Event has arrived. This year, you can save up to 35% on purchases. All you have to do is enter BIGEVENT12 at checkout. Perfect timing for holiday shopping, right? I think I’ll go ahead and pull the trigger on these (New Year’s Eve dancing shoes!), and pick up a couple of these chic little pouches for some stocking stuffers. If you were waiting to snatch up a gift or two, now is the time to do it!
1. TIM WALKER: STORY TELLER Book 2. CIRE TRUDON Candle 3. KATE SPADE Monogram Note Cards 4. CLAUS PORTO Soaps 5. ANTHROPOLOGIE Fluorescent Pencil Set 6. “CAIRO” Glassware 7. MARK AND GRAHAM Cocktail Napkins 8. DEBAUVE & GALLAIS Tin of Chocolates 9. JOHN DERIAN “Things I Like” Tray 10. JONATHAN ADLER Throw 11. LA BOITE Spices 12. IOMOI Ice Bucket 13. FURBISH Business Card Holder
Before the big holiday comes the holiday parties – and we all know better than to show up empty-handed to those festive fêtes. While a bottle of wine gets the job done, I like to have a little more fun with my hostess gifts. (However, if you’re attending one of my holiday parties, please feel free to bring all the vino you want!) Here’s an assortment of ideas to get you thinking outside of the box. I’m sure your hostess will greatly appreciate it.
The most basic outfits often turn out to be the ones I love the most. A favorite pair of denim (in a new emerald hue!), a classic tee, and my Rag & Bone booties are in constant rotation. They make for easy mornings when I’m getting ready in a hurry, and each piece is super comfy (especially the booties!). The newest addition to the rotation? A fab Kelly Wearstler leather jacket that I picked up at Five and Ten. The bottle green color is to. die. for. It’s such a great update to a classic piece. What are your can’t-live-without basics this season?
(Photo Credit: Molly Miller)
It’s official. Thanksgiving is less than one week away. How did that happen? We’re halfway through this month and I feel like fall just started. We’re going to keep at full speed ahead, and Christmas will be here before we know it. (Speaking of the holidays, I’ve been working on some pretty fab gift guides for you all. It all starts next week!). I managed to accomplish quite a bit this week – always a good feeling when you’re starting the weekend! We’ve nearly wrapped up the next issue of FD, and I crossed a few things off of the long list of wedding to-do’s. Now, I’m headed out of town for another wedding. Any fun plans this weekend for you all? I hope it’s a great one! Happy weekend!
For your weekend perusal:
- Number One: Dallasites: Number One/Le Jus, the newest cafe/juice bar on the scene, opens today in Highland Park Village. I stopped by the opening on Wednesday night and I was so impressed. It’s absolutely wonderful – unique space, yummy bites, and delicious juice. Of course, I’m a little bias: My sister (who is currently enrolled in culinary school) has been hard at work at this project for sometime now. I’m so proud of her.
- Gotta have ‘em: You all know how obsessed I am with K. Jacques. Is there a chicer, more comfortable sandal out there? No way. Lucky for me (not so much my bank account), the newest collection has arrived online, and it’s better than ever. This pair has got to be mine.
- Bridal baubles: Did you hear the news? Dannijo is officially launching a line for brides-to-be. With an Old Hollywood feel, the 7-piece collection will include statement-making necklaces, earrings, and bracelets.
- MMM at H&M: Who made it to H&M yesterday? I’m very jealous of you. Maison Martin Margiela’s collection for H&M is officially here. I was hoping I might be able to sneak out for a peek yesterday, but it didn’t happen. If it’s not already all gone, I might make a quick stop by there today. Did anyone pick up any goodies? Please share!
I first came across Mannin in a summer issue of T magazine. The designer, Suzanne Donnegan, talked about how she was looking to fill a void in the market for “affordable bespoke jewelry.” I was instantly intrigued and began researching the line. Donnegan’s Insignia Collection has since become a favorite of mine. The collection offers necklaces, earrings, bracelets, cufflinks, and rings (love this one!), all with understated design details – and, as promised by Donnegan, at more affordable price points. I love that the pieces have an heirloom quality to them. They look like they might have been passed down by a very chic grandmother. I’m obsessed the monogram ID cuff. Available in silver or gold, the cuff is so delicate and perfect for layering in between other bracelets. And, of course, having your initials monogrammed on there makes it feel so personal and unique. It would make an excellent Christmas gift for a best friend or sister, wouldn’t it?
Don’t forget that you can receive 25% off your purchase with the code CC25OFF until December 14th. Sounds like a good deal to me!
(Image via Mannin)
When it comes to dresses and skirts, I almost always stick to one of two lengths: above the knee or all the way to my ankle. You’ll rarely find me in the “in between.” I have a longer torso, so I find that mid-calf lengths tend to look a bit awkward on me. I made an exception, though, for this dress. With a fitted silhouette, the longer length seems to work here. I’m also crazy about this checkered print. It’s a nice update to this jersey shift; and it pairs perfectly with a strappy shoe for evening, or a classic pump for the office.
(Photo Credit: Molly Miller)
TGIF. No matter where you live or what you do, when November 1st hits, everyone seems to shift into holiday mode. Everything – and everyone – just moves faster, you know? (Speaking of holiday mode, I actually saw a house this week that already had their Christmas lights up and glowing. Too early? I think so.) This week had me running all over town in preperations for the December issue of FD. While I can’t give any details away, I will say it’s going to be one of our best issues yet. If you’re in Dallas, I hope you’ll pick up a copy next month. Tomorrow marks the start of our month-o-weddings. We have three weddings between now and December 8th; and then, sandwiched in between those, we have our own engagement party! And that’s all before we start the holiday party circuit. ‘Tis the season!
For your weekend perusal:
- The countdown is on: Maison Martin Margiela’s collection for H&M will be arriving in stores on November 15th. I’m normally not one to wait in those crazy lines that wrap around the store (just the thought of that makes me a little anxious), but for this one, I just might.
- Don’t mind if I do: Charm & Chain is offering a discount of 25% off any purchase through December 14th. Just enter the code CC25OFF at checkout. I’ll be buying a stack of these as a little stocking stuffer for my sister. And maybe this piece as a holiday treat for moi?
- This is for real: Do you like pumpkin? What about chocolate? And cookies, too? Let’s combine all three. Check out the result here.
- For my next Houston trip: Have you checked out Biscuit Home yet? It’s Bailey’s latest venture into the world of bedding (and other home goods!). I’m totally smitten. She’s also got my fave photog Gray Malin’s work up in the store. You can sneak a peek at the store on A Piece of Toast if you haven’t already. Planning a Houston trip as we speak…
- It’s about time: Garance Doré’s darling illustrations are finally going to be available for purchase! The blogger will start selling her work online in the next week. Hooray!
Clockwise from top left: ERDEM Pants // KATE SPADE Winking Pouch // AUDREY HEPBURN: PHOTOGRAPHS 1953-1966 // SHOESTROLOGY Book // MICHAEL KORS Necklace // H&H HOME Chair // JENNIFER MEYER Initial Rings // 10 CROSBY DEREK LAM Peplum Cardigan // SENSI STUDIO Straw Bag // PENELOPE CHILVERS Velvet Slippers // SERENA & LILY Glass Carafe